1. OVERVIEW: HOW DOES IT WORK?
- TRT is short for “Tissue Regeneration Technology” which is a state-of-the-art; non invasive regenerative device that uses electro-hydraulically produced sound waves or acoustic waves to trigger a strong healing effect in the body. SoftWave™ therapy stimulates your body’s natural response for self-repair.
- These high energy acoustic waves penetrate deep into damaged tissue resulting in increased mobility and significant reduction, if not complete elimination of inflammation and pain in just the first treatment.
- These high energy acoustic waves cause cell walls to become permeable allowing exosomes (and other stem cell attractant chemicals) to escape into the interstitial tissue mimicking cellular injury which triggers the migration of the body’s own stem cells to the area. This is why it was coined “The Stem Cell Machine” after being featured on the TV show “The Doctors” in November 2019.
- There are no known significant negative side effects.
- This treatment is 100% atraumatic to tissues and cells. It essentially “tricks” the body into thinking it’s been injured resulting in an activation of the body’s own healing response. There is no down-time, no anesthesia, no injections and generally no activity restrictions after treatment.
- This device is the only Unfocused Electro-hydraulic extracorporeal shock waves therapy (ESWT) available in North America and approved by the FDA.
2. MAIN EFFECTS OF SHOCKWAVE THERAPY:
- Pain reduction
- Induces stem cells recruitment/migration to treated area.
- Angiogenesis (new blood vessel formation) and reduction of scar tissue.
- Reduces “apoptosis” (programmed cell death), and improves wound healing.
- Stops acute inflammation & modifies the body’s inflammatory response.
- Induces neuronal regeneration (regeneration of peripheral nerves after injury)
3. SUCCESS RATE:
The final outcome depends on a variety of factors, but most studies report a healing rate up to 85%. More than 80% of patients report improvement even after just one treatment. Depending on your condition you may require additional “booster” treatments in 2-3 months to maximize results. More severe or chronic degenerative conditions may take longer to heal, so be patient and allow up to 12 weeks to evaluate your outcome as the biologic response and stem cell remodeling can be active up to 12 weeks after your final treatment and varies according to the patient's age and other comorbidities. Lifestyle can also have a profound effect on healing outcomes. DO NOT base success or failure on 1 treatment. SoftWave™ therapy is cumulative and healing takes time.